At InnoGames I am assigned to Network and Datacenter Operations team, duties include:
- Designing, building and monitoring a fault tolerant network across multiple datacenters.
- Developing traffic loadbalancer tools in C++.
- FreeBSD kernel development - fixing bugs and improving packet filter (pf).
- Developing DDoS protection tools.
- Serving colleagues with experience in solving network-related issues.
2007 - 2012: Hurra Communications
At Hurra Communications I was a member of the Administrators Team, later promoted to position of Team Leader. Duties carried by me were:
- Managing the BigIP F5 application delivery controllers.
- Cooperation with developer teams, helping with applications architecture and deployment.
- Preparing testing environments for developers to ensure consistency with production.
- Monitoring systems’ and applications’ health and performance with Nagios and Cacti.
- Managing office LAN (security, wifi, traffic management).
- Asterisk based VoIP telephony.
- VPN network between offices with IPsec and OSPF.
- Various services on FreeBSD and CentOS/RHEL Linux (Apache, Tomcat, nginx, MySQL etc).
2004 - 2007: Citypartner
At Citypartner I was responsible for managing backbone the network and hosting services. During my work there I have created IMQ-devnames.
- Dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
- Managable switches with VLANs.
- Long-distance WiFi links with Mikrotik RouterOS.
- Advanced traffic management and QoS on Linux for hundreds of users.
- Linux-based routers and firewalls.
- Hosting services (Apache, MySQL, Postfix, Spamassassin) on FreeBSD.
I was one of creators of a neigbourhood computer network. The goal was to provide Ethernet-based broadband Internet access in the dark ages of dial-up for a few friends. The network become larger than initially expected and after merging with a similar effort created by other people on the other side of our housing estate, it grew up to 250 connected computers.
Knowledge and abilities
Human languages: English (fluent), German (learning), Russian (only basics), Polish (mother tongue)
Computer languages: C, C++, Perl, Python, Java, bash / sh
Networking hardware: Cisco, Extreme Networks, F5, HP ProCurve, NetIron
Operating systems: CentOS / RHEL, Debian, FreeBSD